Monday, November 14, 2011

Some things of note~ ~~


Yes, that's HAPPY DANCING here in Carcosa East! !!
Today I have the pleasure to share a few things...

It is always a delight to be praised by one's peers. Some may see it as merely pals patting each others' back, but these are the people who know what the craft demands, and their opinions count [as does every reader's], and they like you, are 1st and foremost readers. Today I received the following.

"I think T.S. Eliot and E. E. Cummings had a threesome with the Devil. Seems the only way to explain Pulver's masterful work." --Trent Zelazny, author of The Day the Leash Gave Way and Other Stories
"Grim Reviews"  http://grimreviews.blogspot.com/2011/11/orphan-palace-by-joseph-s-pulver.html  also posted a rave review of my new novel, The Orphan Palace (Chomu Press). As I have said in the past, yes, I like these kinds of reviews and yes, I'm still very humbled when I read them.

Over the weekend I had the very great pleasure of reading some new submissions for both The Grimscribe's Puppets and A Season In Carcosa [both coming from Miskatonic River Press 2012]. Both of these tribute anthologies (Thomas Ligotti/Robert W. Chambers) are on track for their summer and fall release dates. I also recieved word from some of the contributors regarding their upcoming sbumissions, all the updates were very pleasing and make me all more the hungry to read them! !! I believe when I have the ToCs ready in a month or two, readers will indeed be very, very happy and there may be a WOW or 2 shouted.

I also recieved a story acceptance yesterday for a tale in a major anthology which caused much GLEE & JOY here in Carcosa East! Trust me, I will SHOUT about it the very second they take me off the leash!! !

Finally, and this is no small thing to me, Simon Marshall-Jones of Spectral Press,  http://spectralpress.wordpress.com/2011/11/14/musiks-and-mythos/  informed me he IS launching a series of Lovecraftain CDs. Each disc will pair a reading of an HPL tale w/ a work by a "modern" Lovecraftian writer. Each will be set to music. And it very much looks like I will be part of this thrilling series of "Musiks and Mythos" recordings! !! So put me down for a YAYYyyy! !!

There are many other things in the works, and I hope to have word of some more of them very soon!! !

Hope yer all well, and WARM! !!

As always, all my bEastly BEST! !!

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment