Saturday, November 5, 2011

Rue Morgue / Chomu Press



In issue #117, "Rue Morgue" shines its spotlight on Weird fiction publisher, Chômu Press.

Chômu has released 12 books so far. It's mind-bending roster contains, among others, Michael Cisco, Reggie Oliver, Rhys Hughes, and Mark Samuels.

“Remember You’re a One-Ball!”, by Quentin S. Crisp
I Wonder What Human Flesh Tastes Like, by Justin Isis
The Dracula Papers, Book I: The Scholar’s Tale, by Reggie Oliver
Revenants, by Daniel Mills
The Man Who Collected Machen and Other Weird Tales, by Mark Samuels
The Life of Polycrates and Other Stories for Antiquated Children, by Brendan Connell
The Great Lover, by Michael Cisco
Dying to Read, by John Elliott
Link Arms with Toads!, by Rhys Hughes
Nemonymous Night, by D.F. Lewis
Jeanette, by Joe Simpson Walker
The Orphan Palace, by Joseph S. Pulver, Sr.
Boy is there some TALENT on that list! !! And yep. The last one is mine. Talk about glee, amazment, and humbled [! !!] seeing my name with those, that's, to me, pretty mind-bending.

I'm also happy as heck to see my favorite horror icon, the Phantom of the Opera on the cover. I know he has nothing to do w/ Chomu, but yeah, I'm weird, so I got a kick out of it.Why's The Phantom my boy you ask? Music, a love story, a MASK!! ! You know, all the things I try to squeeze in my stuff . . . When they let me . . .

I'm dying to see what "Rue Morgue" has to say about CP, and word is I might even get a mention [insert bEastly grin and a wink].

Well the Muse is standing here, under the chilly-looking moon, holding open the door to the coach. Guess she wants me to hop in and start tonight's trek to Hammersmith . . . Tea, smokes, gris-gris bag, a new playlist, WORDS~ ~~ guess I'm ready to ride . . . I'll see you in some seedy, back-alley bar in Hammersmith. I'll be the bEast sitting in the deep shadows w/ the grave-robbers. We'll save you a seat. And be sure to bring yer own shovel.

[soundtrack~ ~~Leon Russell “Tightrope”, Mountain “Nantucket Sleighride”, Bee Gees “Stayin’ Alive”, Donna Summer “I Feel Love”, Herbie Hancock “Actual Proof”]
http://chomupress.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment