Saturday, July 2, 2011

HARD



If you read my work then you know I love the HARD stuff! !! The last few monsters of "Hard" that rocked my world and left me in AWE ~

Andrew Vachss THE WEIGHT
Ken Bruen ONCE WERE COPS
Will Beall L.A. REX

Now I'm reading Pearce Hansen's STREET RAISED

When Speedy raises from Pelican Bay State Prison, he hitchhikes home to Oakland only to find his little brother, Willy, a homeless crack addict, and his best friend, Fat Bob, bouncing in SF’s underground punk clubs. When two of their childhood homeboys get wrapped in chains by Mexican Mafia drug dealers and thrown in the American River alive, our heroes somehow get it together enough to plot revenge. Sure, it maybe takes the edge of Speedy’s game a little when he starts playing house with beautiful phone psychic Carmel. And it complicates things a bit more when Officer Louis, the same black cop who put Speedy in prison, starts dogging their steps like an unwelcome relative. But when a racist coven of skinheads comes howling for Speedy and Carmel’s blood, and a serial killer with a monster in his head decides that Speedy is the answer to all his unholy prayers, things get really interesting . . .


Add him and his book to that list! !! This is a monster! !! In "my" Crime/Mystery/Hardboiled library, Hansen is now in my Top 50 of all time [yes, I typed that right!] and I'm not even done with it yet! !!

You NEED this! NUFF SAID!

http://www.amazon.com/Street-Raised-Pearce-Hansen/dp/0809556596/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1309597660&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment